Unmountable boot volume error windows xp
I was scared when i got a blue screen like this, then I verify my system to use another hard disk but it was good.
Now i came on Internet to research about this error and i found this helpful to follow some steps and resolve this error.
Basically it is due to bad system files. We see a blue screen written “Unmountable Boot Volume”.
Now We will see the steps to resolve this issue.
1. Insert the Window XP CD in the CD-ROM and restart the system
2. Press any key to continue the setup
3. In Welcome screen, Press R to start the recovery process.
4. Select the window installation and press enter
5. Password will be asked, enter the Admin Password and Press enter
6. At CMD, type chkdsk /r and press enter
7. Type exit and restart
8. If not resolved by the above steps use fix boot instead of chkdsk
* Unmountable boot volume error