Matt Cutts answered about article directories and suggest should not be used for building links. He has responded with video to help the community. You know that there are many peoples who are using article directories to build links. They must stop spamming after listening the matt cutts’s video on article directories.
Have a look the question which has been asked by Deepika on Google Webmaster and what did Matt Cutts respond?
“Links from relevant content in article directories — Seen as good or bad? eg. I link my beauty website from a cosmetic surgery article on say, Ezine? Would you do that?”
Matt Cutts : NO
Matt has clearly said the content which is written for article directories are not good and low quality contents, people always used to put articles on article directories to build link. They create rich anchor text links there. Those are not good for website health.
So, ignore article directories.
Now every people who are in this SEO activity should remove such anchor text links and in future, they would not repeat such activity which is not good for website.
Hear this Matt’s full video:
I am back with one discussion on How to improve the website traffic and keyword ranking? I am not the single person who is asking this infamous question, each and every SEO executives, SEO Marketing people and Small Internet Business Owners used to ask the same question was asked by one SEO consultant on MOZ LinkedIn Discussions. I have answered also but got to know many things which need to be discussed on the website traffic and keyword ranking.
It has been a myth in SEO about keyword ranking. I say that make your website for user first then for Search Engine. People make a mistake that they develop their website first for search engine then think about user tends to over optimization.
You have to focus on only the content of the said page firstly then focus on Title, H1, alt and other tags.
Well, I just posted a guest blog on my company website veominfotech.com to the same discussion which has been going on in LinkedIn Group. There are various things which matters to get good traffic. Just
Have a look on my recent post on How to increase the traffic and keyword ranking.
Hope You will like it, please do not forget to give your opinion on the same which will be helpful for SEO communities.
I had a meeting with our junior executives last Friday and some future SEO Strategies for 2014 has been discussed.
SEO Strategies 2014 case studies
Every body should give the answer of the following question…
What is your SEO Strategies for 2014?
Some latest updates from the various well known blogger, you can take help from these articles:
You must read all articles very deeply to understand SEO, SEO in 2014 and answer today’s question that what will be your strategies in 2014
I want answer from everyone after reading all articles, no hurry
Regular, helpful content targeted at your audience.
• Social signals from regular sharing and engagement.
• Freshness or signs that your site is alive and growing.
• Increasing authority connected to your body of work.
If you are writing and publishing on blog and regularly update with image .It is very helpful for SEO 2014. Loss point- if you are not updating daily .It represents a lack of SEO 2014
In blog content should be company news and unique value.
These types of posts are filled with information (such as employee names, product names, and city names) that users might be searching for in search engines. Google updates day by day daily for websites visitor.
More traffic and visibility
Writing great content will naturally lead to better exposure, both through social media and other blogs and websites.
Your SEO strategy can also be influenced by your competitors’ strategies, so understanding what they are doing is a critical part of the process for both SEO and business intelligence objectives.
There are several scenarios for competitor:
• The competitor discovers a unique, highly converting set of keywords.
• The competitor discovers a targeted, high-value link.
• The competitor saturates a market segment, justifying your focus elsewhere.
• Weaknesses appear in the competitor’s strategy, which provide opportunities for exploitation.
Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of your competition from an SEO perspective is a significant part of devising your own SEO strategy.
Your SEO strategy can also be influenced by your competitors’ strategies, so understanding what they are doing is a critical part of the process for both SEO and business intelligence Objectives.
- Content marketing is a major role in 2014 for ranking purpose.
- Social signals from regular sharing
- Discussion in group
- Use quality content with relevant keyword and bold the keyword also
- Move more towards creating niche-specific, high quality content that provides values to their followers.
- Optimizing the landing page
- Optimizing URLs
- Optimizing meta tags
- Daily check Google update for SEO strategy.
Sonam Saini’s Answer(Facebook):
According to me, there are some of the important SEO Strategies for 2014:
First of all analysis your website and optimize it including page title, page URL, page content, Meta data and many more.
- Content should be unique and relevant to your business that explains your services in easiest way and should be effectible to get more traffic and audience.
- Content marketing can inbound more traffic to your website.
- Generate natural links popularity for SEO.
- Build lasting brand awareness through engagement.
- Content should be regular posted
Social media optimization
It will be the most effectible part of SEO for incoming time. Through social media sites like G+, twitter, FB, linked, pinterest and you tube you can reach your targeted audiences to grow your business by getting their attention and more traffic.
- Social media means audience building
- Relationship building and asking means link building
According to Moz’s study about ranking factor it has been confirmed that Google+ is playing an important role in SEO ranking. So establishing Google Authorship of your content and put it to your Google+ account.
Make your website Mobile optimized for incoming time to get more traffic
Regular Guest blogging and local listing
These are also beneficial points to get link
• Update outdated content that .gov, .org or .edu sites link out to
• Creating content that your users find useful and relevant
• Perfect your outreach and learn how to connect to people
• Info-graphics, business news and blog posting
The conventional definition of SEO has been completely changed and we all have witnessed that in past couple of months.
So, according to my perception
1) More emphasis on content marketing is required, with quality contents that are more audience specific not Google
2) Long or in-depth contents are now preferred by Google.
3) Proper analysis of webmaster and Google analytics proves to be a positive approach to increase productivity of work
4) Regular updation on your project in terms of forum posting, discussion, interaction add as a feather in your cap
5) Periodic review or updation of on page is needed.
Shaili Kaushik’s Answer(Facebook):
My views and strategy for SEO 2014 are:
1.) As we know that future is cross-channel attribution and getting more and more information is a best way to stay on the cutting edge and in demand.
2.) Get into the strategy to ensure alignment with search visibility goals.
3.) We should keep ourselves more focused and emphasis on content marketing. The content must be free from grammar errors and is helpful for readers.
4.) For social marketing do 15 min reviewing and interacting. Spend the first 15 minutes of the day reviewing, interacting, asking questions, and learning a little more about the constantly evolving landscape of search, social and promoting your site through interactions.
5.) The new emphasis of SEO 2014 is matching the meanings of phrases with concepts rather than just matching the individual words in a query to documents.
6.) Better educate ourselves as to the new trends and updates in the SEO industry through these great resources like Search Engine Watch, Search Engine Land, Moz, and Google.
7.) Last one is that, as we all know that today mobiles and tablets are much handy for everyone. If we want more traffic to our site then we must get our site fit, focused, slimmed down, and ready for a mobile push, get implementing responsive web design, a specialized mobile site, or app based experience and lighten server loads to deliver the best and fast mobile experience to everyone visiting our website. Hence we need site for SMO which are mobile optimized site, which is becoming more focused in the upcoming Year.
Most important factor
(1) Content marketing: do content is most important factor in my point of view. Content of the site are related to its title (which are long tail) and unique, attractive user-friendly and educative.
(2) Do on page activities properly such as title, description and web content relevant to the site theme. Also mention that
- Keyword mapping
- Title (long tail)
- Keywords and other on page activities
- Link evaluation etc.
(3) Off page: do less but quality work means when you are doing off page activity in the site you should notice the page rank, PA(Page Authority) and DA(Domain Authority) also mention that theme also available in that site. Content are unique for that case (ask viewers open ion). And title will be long tail
- SBM and link wheel
- Blog commenting
- Guest posting
- Search engine submission
- yahoo answering
- Forum posting
- Depth article
- Local listing and classifieds.
- cross link exchange
- image and video posting
(4) SMO(connections and interactions with Facebook Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest): in SNO not only do posting but start to make group, to do relevant discussion and asking question. Google+ main factor establishing Google Authorship of your content, and tying it to your Google+ account. Authorship, which brings your body of content together.
Finally Shaili Kaushik and Sonam Saini together have become winner for the following points:
Mobile Optimization of the website(Because most of the traffic come from Mobile Device, Tablet, I-Phone etc)
Engagement in various social media websites
It was great discussion with our juniors, it was enough to train and motivate them out for the year 2014.
On the another day, we had organized a workshop, and it was awesome experience shared by Mr. Denish Verma(SEO Guest Lecturer). Thanks +Denish to share your knowledge and experience which will be beneficial for us. Thanks a lot from our all SEO Team at Veom Infotech.
I hope this post will be helpful for all SEOs, Internet Marketer. All Internet Marketer are invited to give your opinion in the comment section.
My Latest Post
It proved to be an eventful year in terms of getting lots of updates from Google in 2013. There were major changes that were seen including further releases of Panda and Penguin along with the flight taking of Hummingbird and the shift to encrypted search.
This led to a lot of doubts where there were lots of confusions as whether SEO as a profession is dead. It was a major spam fighting steps that were taken by Google that shifted the playing field for SEO professionals. On the other hand, there has never been stronger for the need of an online presence. Now it has been seen that grey hat tactics does not work any longer and so it is time for the SEO professionals to look forward to embracing a more robust vision of their area of expertise. So, one has to be very alert for the SEO strategies for the year 2014-2015.
2013 is still more relevant
One can try to expect more micro adjustments when it comes to Penguin and Panda that would help to continue targeting both content as well as link quality. By keeping a close eye on the link profiles, it would prove to be a great benefit for the smart marketers where they would be able to perform periodic audits with the view to identifying and removing inbound links built unnaturally. It can also be expected that it would remain critical for high quality content investments.
Content marketing will become bigger
In the year 2014, it is expected that it would be a move from buzzword to mature marketing in terms of content marketing. Companies that would possess robust content marketing efforts would be looked by Google where they would find that best kind of business that they have been looking forward to support in the best way.
So, it is important to get all the advantages of a good content strategy by targeting your audience with useful and regular content. It is also important to make sure that your site looks fresh with signs of growing and alive where it also includes increasing authority connected the body of your work. It all depends on where your company stands now as related to an active content marketing strategy that would determine what changes you have to make in the year 2014.
Importance of Hummingbird
For mobile SEO, 2014 would be an important year for them. By responding to the rapidly shifting landscape, Google has struggled with the introduction of Hummingbird where it was found that more than half of the Americans own smartphones and one third of them own tablets. It has been expected that these statistics would probably shift upward in a very short period of time.
So it is important for you to have the right knowledge that the mobile performance of your site would matter a lot to your SEO rankings. If you do not have a mobile optimized site, then you need to take strict actions for the year 2014. There has been increasing importance of both Knowledge Graph and semantic search that would also lead to grow influence.
Make investment in Google+
If you wish to strengthen your overall social media marketing position, then it is very important for you to invest in your Google+ presence. This is because a recent study has confirmed it has been playing a real interesting and significant role by Google+ in terms of ranking factors. So, steps are needed to ensure that you try to establish Google Authorship of your content and then tie it to your Google+ account. This would help to strengthen your Author Rank by bring your body of your content together.
New points should be added in your SEO activities
- Google penalty proof content marketing
- Hummingbird(semantic, longtails), FAQ section, blog section, topic oriented not keywords, separate Landing page accroding for local keywords
- Ignore EMD Domains
- Dont use keyword stuffing in keyword meta tags
- Make a different url for language, check language settings
- Only Quality Link Building
Content Marketing(Hummingbird proof contents, Guest post, slides, docs, articles, PR, blogs, videos, images)
- Education related content marketing on the said niche
- Content promotion(Linkedin Group discussion, Google+, Twitter, pinterest, facebook with immence interactions, wordpress, quora, reddit etc)
- SMO(increase likes, shares, viral post)
- Google Authorship, Content authorship
- Have to install Mobile version for all website and blogs
- Local Promotion(Local business listings)
- Concentrate on Referral traffic and other sources of traffic
- Not only focus on organic traffic but focus on referral and some other sources of traffic i.e. Yahoo, Bing, ASK and some important search engines
- Knowledge Graph, Local Carousel, Hummingbird
- Stop Traditional techniques
- High page rank website link
- Edu link
- Top Forum Links
- Previous Bad Link Evaluation, removal, link disavow
“Implement structured data and rich snippets. Structured data allows Google to organize the information on your website and deliver it in rich snippets that help you stand out from the competition.”
- Google Authorship
- Google Business places
- Local dir, business, Local Search Engine
- Press release, Local Guest Posting
- Yelp Listings, Local Yellow Pages listing, Local.com, City searches, Super pages, Localeze
- Local Classifieds
SEO people should be trained more in 2014, a single mistake can bring you down in search engines.
What are you thinking, I am a freelancer and SEO consultant, firing employees is not a solution due to ranking issues, you have to update your strategies and lift yourself from traditional issues.
Dont wait for Google next update, just make your website 100 % relevant to rank well. Optimize your website for long term with mobile website.
I am sorry that could be able to update my blog gsesoftsolutions.com due to time crisis. I am updating with lot of 2014 updates. Share your Opinion on the SEO trends 2014 in the comment section.
I am Sorry that I could not update my blog since long. Now I will be updating this blog regularly. You will be able to see my research in SEO. What did see that people who are in SEO field get fed up and disappoint when they do not get results. I have very good thing in my mind when I was sleeping at night.
Why we are only focusing on ranking keywords? SEO has changed completely, we should not be running towards only keywords ranking. There are various things came new which is SMO, Referral traffic by Guest Blogs, Local Places and citations. You will not be able to be dependent on the particular traffic. Many types of traffic like Organic (various Search engines), SMO, Referral traffic, Email traffic etc. So, why wait for long?
There is something which needs to start as soon as possible like following:
Email marketing of your contents
Hummingbird Proof Content marketing (Based on Discussions)
Types of SEO
You might have heard that there are two kinds of SEO which is White HAT and Black HAT. Sometimes people try Black HAT to get fast results. It is not ethical method and will not persist for long term. So focus on only White Hat method to survive for long term. I heard saying by people that my competitor has been on the first rank since long. You know why? It is the result of White HAT SEO.
How to Motivate an SEO
Sometimes I think that whatever people are doing in SEO which is worthless, you know why? I have my Motivation down. Somebody says that I am not confident on my strategies, they fear to lose their business. I am doing labour hard and tried to boost people’s faith. You know what I do when I have my motivation down? I just go for Yoga and then Sleep long to have some peace of mind. When I get up my motivation goes high and again I rejuvenate and get back to work again with full confidence. There are many such activities like people, environment which will try to HUMILIATE you, but no need to take action very soon, just think and boost your confidence that what you do. Your knowledge matters. I follow this thing in my life. I never believe blindly to anyone.
Great motivation will be required for SEO and content marketer. Start writing when you are feeling comfortable to write, do not sit anytime.
“This is absolutely fine that whatever we do – we love.”
Time is changing for SEO, but you try to improve. Leaving SEO field is not a solution for your life, so start improving your skills learning new things in SEO and content marketing.
How to improve your skills in SEO
1. Learn English well so that you can start writing in terms of micro blog, blogging and other contents
2. SMO, Guest postings
3. PPC(Pay Per Click) program
4. Always keep update from SEO reputed blogs like MOZ, Search Engine Journal, Search Engine Watch, Search Engine Land and my blog gsesoftsolutions.com will also motivate you.
5. People do not fulfill their expenses from their salary itself, so start freelancing according to your skills.
Motivation in SEO and Content Marketing is needed in Internet Marketing, It will boost your knowledge. Blogging is needed for any kind of business; it can create real and good return in your business.
People leave morning exercise due to their work and other home work. I suggest you just give priority to the morning exercise daily basis. Bicycle is the best medium to perform exercise and it will also save fuel and energy and make environment green.
Some quotes in Motivation by great persons
“I tried 1000 different ways to find a solution, but 1001st was the best solution” – Thomas Alva Edison
“Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
“All power is within you. You can do anything and everything. Believe in that.” Swami Vivekananda
“Arise! Awake! and stop not till the goal is reached” – Swami Vivekananda
“Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” – Charles Swindoll
“The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha
“Fall seven times and stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb